• Observe and assist with the official staff duties
• Work in an exciting and energized environment
• Interact with various City and State agencies
• Perform research and gain knowledge on a variety of legislative issues
• Interacting with constituents via telephone or in-person
• Data entry
• Responding to constituent requests and casework in the district offices.
• Working closely with staff on special projects
• Perform outreach to neighborhood groups, community leaders, and constituents
• Other miscellaneous tasks, as required
Applicants who are well-organized, able to take initiative, follow instructions, and relate well with others are highly valued in the District office. Women, people of color, disabled individuals, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Skills & Qualifications Required:
• Effective and professional phone manner
• Computer experience & proficient typing ability
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to follow instructions & complete tasks efficiently and thoroughly
This internship is UNPAID. As such, we accommodate interns with a flexible schedule; nevertheless we ask for a minimum of 5 to 10 hours per week. The office will work with applicants who are requesting to receive undergraduate or graduate credit.
Interested intern applicants, please send a resume and cover letter to Beverly Ng via email (Beverly.Ng@sen.ca.gov) or fax (415-557-1252) before the following deadline:
Winter/Spring Internship: January – May
DEADLINE: first Monday of December
Summer Internship: June - August
DEADLINE: first Monday of May
Fall Internship: September – December
DEADLINE: first Monday of August
For further information, please call (415) 557-1300 or visit www.senate.ca.gov/leno.